- November 23, 2017
Current Affairs 23-11-2017
Todays Current Affairs updates for all CLAT & Hotel Management Entrance Examinations explained in bullet points with explanations.
- BrahMos Cruise Missile, Which flies at nearly thrice the speed of sound at Mach 2.8, was successfully tested for the first time from a Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jet.
- The union cabinet approved a proposal for revision of salaries of judges of S.C and the 24 high courts. Law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said the government will table two bills in the winter session of Parliament to effect changes in the salaries of judges. According to the proposed bills, the CJI will draw a monthly salary of Rs 2.80 lakh, besides allowances as applicable.
- New judge of ICJ from INDIA - Dal veer Bhandari. Dalveer Bhandari had a nearly 2/3rd majority (121/193) in general assembly but UK's Greenwood led 9-5 in Security Council.
- BrahMos missile hit its target, 260 km away, with pinpoint accuracy. BrahMos now capable of being fired from land, sea & air. Boosts India's capacity to conduct pinpoint strikes deep in hostile territory.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad - Law Minister of India
- ICJ has 15 judges who get 9-year terms. 5 judges are elected every 3 years.